Bobcats on TV 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Bobcats on TV
KEYE-TV in Austin is televising the game. Start time has been moved back to 6:30.

Alumni Assn. Charter Life Member #186
Bobcat Club Member Since Forever

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:52 am
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Bobcats on TV
moral victory? What good does local stuff do if it isn't even regional and can be seen from the other major Texas tv markets.. that's just giving the people who are close enough to need to be at the game an excuse not to be in attendance

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I remember a time, in the not too distant past, when people thought it would be great for TXST games to be televised. Now it's going to be on 3 platforms and we whine? Seriously?

CBS Austin
CW San Antonio
ESPN3

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

CatMom wrote:
I remember a time, in the not too distant past, when people thought it would be great for TXST games to be televised. Now it's going to be on 3 platforms and we whine? Seriously?

CBS Austin
CW San Antonio
ESPN3

That's good exposure, I'll take it. :sign: :sign:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
moral victory? What good does local stuff do if it isn't even regional and can be seen from the other major Texas tv markets.. that's just giving the people who are close enough to need to be at the game an excuse not to be in attendance

1) tickets are already sold, so announcing the day before that the game will be on tv in austin isn't going to affect attendance.
2) your ability to take the most benign datapoint and make it a negative is borderline impressive.
CatMom wrote:
Now it's going to be on 3 platforms and we whine? Seriously?

one negative prick does not equal "we".

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:25 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

1) tickets are already sold, so announcing the day before that the game will be on tv in austin isn't going to affect attendance.
2) your ability to take the most benign datapoint and make it a negative is borderline impressive.
CatMom wrote:
Now it's going to be on 3 platforms and we whine? Seriously?

one negative prick does not equal "we".

I was trying to be benevolent by using a plural, inclusive term but, yeah.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

CatMom wrote:

CBS Austin
CW San Antonio
ESPN3

Whine Diane? Isn't that what you do on twitter with your demerited derogatory illogical nonstop trump bash rants that have a negative spin on every facet of his day? If you are so unhappy with our country why don't you take your garbage standpoints elsewhere where you can watch the games on the INTERNET. i would use the term 'televised' loosely to describe the reliability or prestige of a mobile device of pc platform. name me one fbs vs fbs game this year that wasn't broadcasted on espn3 or better? wow we are so special the media cares so much about us, get out of here

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 am
SuperCat

Any exposure is better that none, and maybe some good high school kids watch part/all of game and decide to go to TXST.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:09 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
that's just giving the people who are close enough to need to be at the game an excuse not to be in attendance

Really? So those 20,000+ that have already purchased their tickets are now going to just not show up now? I mean yeh you can make an argument that walk up sales may be less, but that's weak sauce considering this news just broke today and so a huge portion of the walk up market is not going to know about this news.

Unrealistic expectations. :roll:

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
CatMom wrote:

CBS Austin
CW San Antonio
ESPN3

Whine Diane? Isn't that what you do on twitter with your demerited derogatory illogical nonstop trump bash rants that have a negative spin on every facet of his day? If you are so unhappy with our country why don't you take your garbage standpoints elsewhere where you can watch the games on the INTERNET. i would use the term 'televised' loosely to describe the reliability or prestige of a mobile device of pc platform. name me one fbs vs fbs game this year that wasn't broadcasted on espn3 or better? wow we are so special the media cares so much about us, get out of here

You are being an asshat. There's no call for that.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Just put Phratty on ignore.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

Leave personal attacks off this board. Want to debate her politics that she posts on Twitter? Do it on twitter.

Please and thank you.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
CatMom wrote:

CBS Austin
CW San Antonio
ESPN3

'blah blah blah - I'm a douche'

Dude, chill the fuck out - there's no need for that here.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:47 pm