UTSA Game Support 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: UTSA Game Support
If we get the ball first and get into the end zone on our first 2 possions we'll win barring a nuclear attack by DaRussian. And if we don't there is almost a guarantee we'll lose. Like the Fran squad, we still don't possess the fire power to mount any sort of comeback. Then again last week we got what should have been a big lead and only scored 3 points the remaining 50 or so minutes so I guess we aren't very good at keeping leads either. That also happened against GSU last year but to a much worse degree. I don't have a great feeling about this week. If we win it's going to have to be because we passed first and got King very involved deep downfield. Outside of a few big or broken play runs for us it doesn't look like we're going to be able to crack 3 YPC so we'll need to abandon run to have a chance

I hope they run the ball a lot even when it isn't successful for them. Hopefully they don't watch any tape of the 2nd half of the CU game because if they do or our big secret about our atrocious secondary will be out. The only way we get incompletions is with dropped or over thrown passes not anything that our secondary did

-Bill O'Brien

Last edited by Bobbumman on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm
Junior Bobcat

The Twitter battle is getting brutal. It's hard to keep up. It's not for everyone but I'm enjoying it.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Volkmar wrote:
Bobbumman wrote:
Still my favorite accronym to date is UniversalTransferStudentAlliance futher demonstrating how illegitimate their university is. When I graduated high school their admittance rate at utsa was right near 99%. I have no doubt they've made great strides since then but that figure as not ever left my head.

Some fun fact about the student body as of this fall:

4,400 first time incoming freshman chose UTSA, 5,700 chose TXST
76% of applicants were granted admission to UTSA, 71% were accepted at TXST
UTSA recieved 16,000 applications, TXST received 22,000
UTSA graduates 35% of students in 6 years, we graduate 54%
UTSA has 25K undergrads, we have 34K

For the record, our acceptance rate for at least the last couple years now has been about 60%. Yes, it was at 99% at one time, but UTSA hasn't been around since 1903 when Texas State opened its doors as Southwest Texas State Normal School. We didn't open our doors until 1969, and surrounded by well-established universities that have been in existence for up to a hundred years or more, the admission standards you described were a way, initially, for UTSA to grow and gain a foothold in the state.

UTSA has made a strong push in recent years toward attaining Tier One status as a research institution. We've increased our entrance criteria, put caps on our enrollment, made significant improvements to our infrastructure, and have paid top dollars to hire nationally recognized researchers/faculty members, highly sought-after in their fields, who joined UTSA from universities such as Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Stanford, Purdue and MIT. Last time I checked, we also had the #1 rated CyberSecurity degree program in the nation.

We've been recognized for our efforts also, as UTSA has been ranked by Times Higher Education prestigious Young University Rankings as #4 in the USA among universities under 50 years old, as well as #68 in the world among universities under 50 years old. Times Higher Education bases their rankings on excellence in teaching, research, citations, international outlook, and industry income. UTSA scored particularly strong in the citations category, which measured research influence by examining the number of times a university's published research was cited by scholars around the world.

Mind you, the schools that have been around for over a century now have had a nice head start on us, and far more time to get their business in order. I think we've been making pretty decent progress though, especially within the last decade or so, as we've really stepped up our game and set lofty goals for attaining Tier One status in the near future, as well as for the continued development of our young campus.

Do you lack confidence in your personal life that requires you to seek out praise from anonymous people online about the school that you attended?

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:48 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

tx.state wrote:
Volkmar wrote:
Bobbumman wrote:
Still my favorite accronym to date is UniversalTransferStudentAlliance futher demonstrating how illegitimate their university is. When I graduated high school their admittance rate at utsa was right near 99%. I have no doubt they've made great strides since then but that figure as not ever left my head.

Some fun fact about the student body as of this fall:

4,400 first time incoming freshman chose UTSA, 5,700 chose TXST
76% of applicants were granted admission to UTSA, 71% were accepted at TXST
UTSA recieved 16,000 applications, TXST received 22,000
UTSA graduates 35% of students in 6 years, we graduate 54%
UTSA has 25K undergrads, we have 34K

For the record, our acceptance rate for at least the last couple years now has been about 60%. Yes, it was at 99% at one time, but UTSA hasn't been around since 1903 when Texas State opened its doors as Southwest Texas State Normal School. We didn't open our doors until 1969, and surrounded by well-established universities that have been in existence for up to a hundred years or more, the admission standards you described were a way, initially, for UTSA to grow and gain a foothold in the state.

UTSA has made a strong push in recent years toward attaining Tier One status as a research institution. We've increased our entrance criteria, put caps on our enrollment, made significant improvements to our infrastructure, and have paid top dollars to hire nationally recognized researchers/faculty members, highly sought-after in their fields, who joined UTSA from universities such as Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Stanford, Purdue and MIT. Last time I checked, we also had the #1 rated CyberSecurity degree program in the nation.

We've been recognized for our efforts also, as UTSA has been ranked by Times Higher Education prestigious Young University Rankings as #4 in the USA among universities under 50 years old, as well as #68 in the world among universities under 50 years old. Times Higher Education bases their rankings on excellence in teaching, research, citations, international outlook, and industry income. UTSA scored particularly strong in the citations category, which measured research influence by examining the number of times a university's published research was cited by scholars around the world.

Mind you, the schools that have been around for over a century now have had a nice head start on us, and far more time to get their business in order. I think we've been making pretty decent progress though, especially within the last decade or so, as we've really stepped up our game and set lofty goals for attaining Tier One status in the near future, as well as for the continued development of our young campus.

Do you lack confidence in your personal life that requires you to seek out praise from anonymous people online about the school that you attended?

Clearly not as much confidence as you're lacking in your football team...

tx.state wrote:
It sucks because the way we Fran'd it up in 2012 that we're likely to fall 0-2 vs them. Their fans are pretty unbearable as it is now.

No worries though. Baylor found us unbearable also. :wink:

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

just going off of ticket availability, it is looking like a very full stadium on saturday.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:06 am