Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN 
SuperCat

Post Re: TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN
I remember reading a couple of years ago that we were at something like 7k students a game and ut was only a few thousand better. Having a loser on the field hasn't helped lately but the coaches have been going to new student orientations getting people excited. IMO, the attendance number only gets better by turning those recent grads into season ticket holders that keep coming back. Graduating seniors should be a huge focus of the athletic department.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 am
True Bobcat Fan

You also need Alumni like me who live in distant cities (well, Dallas or further) stay connected and watch on TV. They try to go down for a home game each year and if Bobcats play close to where they live they go and see them. Also attend alumni functions in their local area. I wish I could go down more but just can't take the time away from family. My kids are not yet big enough to go to football games but we will start getting down there more often soon.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:29 am
SuperCat

All part of building a "real program". In addition to going to all of the home games, I'm going to try to make it to all of the alumni association watch parties in Austin this year for away games. Next year, Ill work on making it to some away games. I have noticed over the years that a lot of away game fans are older with more free time and money. We just don't have that many fans in that demographic.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:06 pm
SuperCat

Having an east and west div.(west for us)will make for at least 1 away game fairly easy to go to---Lafayette. I've gone 2 times(had a blast both times), and was going to go this year, but game is on a Thur. About a 3 hr drive from Houston and 5 hr from SM. It's a nice over night trip for the guys or with the wife. Also, with away games in the future against Baylor, Aggies, SMU and UTSA,(all very drive-able) we should have good showing of Bobcat support. Now the Aggie game may be expensive or hard to get tix for.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:16 pm
SuperCat

Planning on making all the in state games you mentioned. Txst should get a lot of tix through the AD for the atm game. I would be impressed if we sell our full allotment. Last time we played there was a hurricane game move up to Wednesday or Thursday if I remember correctly. Alumni association does an away tailgate each year
We could go to that or add on close by and try to get things going.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

we'll sell our full allotment and more at the tamu game. as much as folks here want to rag on the bobhorns, there's almost as large a contingent of agcats out there. houston has to be our single city largest alumni base, and it's 2ish hour from austin/sm. that will be a big showing.
LT Spider wrote:
Alumni association does an away tailgate each year

pretty sure they do a tailgate for every game, home and away.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:12 am
SuperCat

Where are visitor seats at Kyle, and how many do you think will available? Never been, but for it being p5 and so close to home---it's a must.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

you realize this game isn't for another 3yrs, yes?

visitor sections at kyle for $ec!$ec!$ec! games have been part/all of these: 130-131, 349-350, 409-412, 418-421. typically the top 1/3 of those upper-deckers, so total nosebleed, especially in the tackle-box.

conf opponents get 8k tickets. i would think we get 4k, but that's a complete guess on my part, just based on passed interweb conversations about typical allotments, so grains of salt and all that.

there will be tons of tickets on the secondary market too. best bet for cheap will be gameday tailgate scalpers.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:59 pm
SuperCat

Lower end zone seats in the corner for some. Upper deck corners for some. The rest are across the top of the back of the endzone. Pretty crappy seats but I will be there, hopefully in the lower section.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:00 pm
SuperCat

I thought 2 years out. I guess I was getting ahead myself. Oh well, I'll just have to settle for UTSA on road next year. I do like that we are scheduling home and home with some other schools in TX.

$ec is right----------thanks for the info on sections

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 am
SuperCat

I pray they play the UTSA game at night. I also pray I don't go to jail.

Edit: they seem to do the 6:00 pm thing like we do. TV could change that, of course.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:23 am
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
Where are visitor seats at Kyle, and how many do you think will available? Never been, but for it being p5 and so close to home---it's a must.

Hard to decide. Should I go with the always fun stick in the eye or drive out to College Station for an ass whoopin? Not that I don't want to see and support the team, but I hate the politics behind these matchups.

I know I've mentioned before and most of you guys think I'm lying, but I'll never forget that conversation with one of the refs for that 2005 game. He brought up that game specifically as an example, was unaware of me being an alum/fan and admitted to screwing TXST. Definitely changed my motivation to go to games like that.

It may have gone differently had we been G5 at the time instead of FCS. Not that it should matter, but it apparently does. At least it did back in 2005.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:38 am
True Bobcat Fan

Ahh, look at you Asscats all happy about the Ass & M game in a few years. We're supposed to be least-happy in this thread. By the way, Herman sucks at Texas. They are getting their asses handed to them by Maryland, The Terps are outplaying them and appear to be the better team.
Bobcats better win today. :eatemup:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:43 pm
SuperCat

VP hitting the booze early I see.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
Bobcats better win today. :eatemup:

well...they should be at least winning. At least. Not happening yet though.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next