Sad News From The LaCrosse Team - Former Player 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Sad News From The LaCrosse Team - Former Player
Former player for the Bobcats, Marine Staff Sgt Joshua Snowden, was one of the 16 men killed in the KC130 crash in Mississippi yesterday.

RIP young man

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Sad News From The LaCrosse Team - Former Player
Texas State Men's Lacrosse wrote:
We have unfortunately lost one of our own. Josh was a great teammate who was beloved. Thank you for your service and godspeed

Dallas Marine among those killed in military plane crash

A North Texas Marine is among the 16 servicemen killed in a cargo plane crash in Mississippi.

The family of Staff Sgt. Joshua Snowden told FOX 4 that he was killed when a KC-130 crashed in Itta Bena. Fifteen Marines and a sailor were killed.

Snowden lived in New York, where his Marine unit was based. But the 31-year-old grew up in Dallas. His family has not been able to talk at length about his death, but the military confirmed the cargo plane left North Carolina and was headed to Arizona when it crashed in rural Mississippi. The Marine Corps said personal weapons and small arms ammunition were aboard.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

My nephew is a Staff Sgt at Camp LeJeune. I am trying to get in contact with him. He likely knew some of these young men.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

on another somber note, one of the founding members of the team went into hospice a couple of weeks ago, as his als progresses. kevin and i were fraternity brothers as well as teammates, and last night another brother and i went out to devil's backbone to snap a couple of pics at sunset for him and have a couple of cold beers at the tavern in his honor.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:28 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
on another somber note, one of the founding members of the team went into hospice a couple of weeks ago, as his als progresses. kevin and i were fraternity brothers as well as teammates, and last night another brother and i went out to devil's backbone to snap a couple of pics at sunset for him and have a couple of cold beers at the tavern in his honor.

That is awful news. Sorry to see that happening to anyone but especially to someone that I'm assuming is a fairly young person. I hope he finds peace.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

yup - maybe 46? 47? first direct friend/peer i've had w/ a terminal illness. sobering, to say the least.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:05 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
yup - maybe 46? 47? first direct friend/peer i've had w/ a terminal illness. sobering, to say the least.

I understand. I had 34 first cousins. 4 of us were all the same age and one of those died when we were 42 (Aids). My brother passed when I was 51 (5 days after my birthday, he was 54). Lost many classmates already; including my ex SIL in May. It doesn't get any easier.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:47 pm