Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
Happy to finally bring in a kicker. Not since Kaba have we recruited and gave a kicker/punter ship. Ridley earned one as a walk-on.

Sure hope we add another DE for depth because Davis, Hines, Taylor (more a DT though) is all we have currently at position with commit Lynch coming. This position has become a concern with injuries this year. Hopefully we can add 1 more guy (did offer 1 JC DE but he is likely going to stay in Cali).

My guess based off needs are a DE, TE, and either QB, RB or LB.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobkat34 wrote:
Happy to finally bring in a kicker. Not since Kaba have we recruited and gave a kicker/punter ship. Ridley earned one as a walk-on.

Sherman (who lost his job to a walk-on this year) was recruited and on scholarship I'm pretty sure.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

x wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:

Sherman (who lost his job to a walk-on this year) was recruited and on scholarship I'm pretty sure.

Sherman is a senior; therefore, he signed 4 years ago while Kaba was a JC transfer signee and signed 3 years ago...so he was the last kicker/punter we gave a ship to. That was my point. So in 2016 and 2017 classes, we did not sign a kicker/punter.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:34 pm
Junior Bobcat

Bobkat34 wrote:
x wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:

Sherman is a senior; therefore, he signed 4 years ago while Kaba was a JC transfer signee and signed 3 years ago...so he was the last kicker/punter we gave a ship to. That was my point. So in 2016 and 2017 classes, we did not sign a kicker/punter.

Sherman is a redshirt junior this year. Maybe he’s graduating and moving on though. Also, Tiggs and Rosemond are not listed in the game notes as the seniors playing in their last home game. Just thought that was interesting

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:38 am
True Bobcat Fan

good point brought up on br.com on the kicker - no coaches tweeting about a new commit could mean that he's a pwo, not a scholly, which would be nice.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:08 am
SuperCat

Looks like we have a decommit per Keff. DE Trevor Lawrence. https://247sports.com/player/trevor-lawrence-46042370 He was our lowest rated commit on 247. Seems odd that he'd decommit, so who knows what's going on.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I have no info but last year we lost a few commits (2 OL, 1 DL, 1 TE) and added a 3* DT in Daniels, 3* CB, 2* OT King and 0* DE late. And.. Withers noted they continued to recruit and some players weren't "lost". Recruiting is a fluid thing as I'd expect an LSU fan (no disrespect meant here) to know and nothing is official until a recruit signs.

I'm sure we are still on commits elsewhere and even had a UTSA WR commit visit this past weekend so we are by no means stopping to try and improve this class.

Losing his size is what I'm sad about but when I saw his stats at 6'5/245, I could tell why some schools wouldn't take a guy this size that had a 5.2 40. I figured he'd be a DT in our 34D and liked his height and size to gain more weight. Losing his size hurts but I'm wouldn't be surprised to see us add someone else with size.

Recently, we've offered Blinn JC 6'2/250 DE and I'm guessing at a need position in 34... DE. After Davis coming back next year, only Hines is listed with possibly Taylor that can play there. Need more depth before this JC DE, we offered a Cali JC kid that will likely stay in Cali.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 pm
SuperCat

Bobkat34 wrote:
I have no info but last year we lost a few commits (2 OL, 1 DL, 1 TE) and added a 3* DT in Daniels, 3* CB, 2* OT King and 0* DE late. And.. Withers noted they continued to recruit and some players weren't "lost". Recruiting is a fluid thing as I'd expect an LSU fan (no disrespect meant here) to know and nothing is official until a recruit signs.

I'm sure we are still on commits elsewhere and even had a UTSA WR commit visit this past weekend so we are by no means stopping to try and improve this class.

Losing his size is what I'm sad about but when I saw his stats at 6'5/245, I could tell why some schools wouldn't take a guy this size that had a 5.2 40. I figured he'd be a DT in our 34D and liked his height and size to gain more weight. Losing his size hurts but I'm wouldn't be surprised to see us add someone else with size.

Recently, we've offered Blinn JC 6'2/250 DE and I'm guessing at a need position in 34... DE. After Davis coming back next year, only Hines is listed with possibly Taylor that can play there. Need more depth before this JC DE, we offered a Cali JC kid that will likely stay in Cali.

Yea my gut tells me he was persuaded to look else where. Just how it goes. I like the kid's size but don't know anything about his HS and never watched his highlights. Imagine they're pretty confident in how this class finished out.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Here’s the thing it’s Withers mother fucking job to get us to 85 scholarships. If that takes him until 2020 which is how things are looking right now then he’s not doing his job if it takes 5 fucking classes to house a full program. WTF

That’s just unfucking acceptable. The shit show at Baylor or Penn St didn’t merit 5 fucking classess to get back to 85 players and they had rapings and molestations (of minors in PennSt case) and we had msybe some kid get a 3rd strike cheating on his homework. App St? Ga Southern? It didn’t take them 5 recruiting classs to get from 65 to 85 scholarship players. Bloody ducking hell this gets old.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:46 pm
Junior Bobcat

They should be at a full roster in 2019. Anything 80+ is a full roster as it’s hard to hit 85 on the nose when you can’t go over. Mid 70s in ‘18 and a full roster in ‘19 is what it’s looking like and that’s with some expected attrition

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobhuman has joined Phrat on my ignore list. Can't fix stupidity and I have no interest in dealing with willful ignorance.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:17 pm
SuperCat

Bobbumman wrote:
Here’s the thing it’s Withers mother fucking job to get us to 85 scholarships. If that takes him until 2020 which is how things are looking right now then he’s not doing his job if it takes 5 fucking classes to house a full program. WTF

That’s just unfucking acceptable. The shit show at Baylor or Penn St didn’t merit 5 fucking classess to get back to 85 players and they had rapings and molestations (of minors in PennSt case) and we had msybe some kid get a 3rd strike cheating on his homework. App St? Ga Southern? It didn’t take them 5 recruiting classs to get from 65 to 85 scholarship players. Bloody ducking hell this gets old.

LOL

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

txstlinds wrote:
Bobhuman has joined Phrat on my ignore list. Can't fix stupidity and I have no interest in dealing with willful ignorance.

I'm beginning to think that they are one in the same.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:36 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobbumman wrote:
and we had msybe some kid get a 3rd strike cheating on his homework.

Just curious... Is that why they were kicked (I know you said maybe, so I'm guessing not)?

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the infraction was.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
I'm beginning to think that they are one in the same.

nope. bubba is truly stupid - he honestly has no fucking idea what he's talking about. phratty is straight trolling.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:30 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next