Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Want to know where Northwestern St is staying? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Want to know where Northwestern St is staying?
So I am in town for the TXST game tomorrow and am going out in downtown Austin tonight for halloween tonight. While on the elevator at Hilton in downtown Austin I noticed some players from Northwestern St. I informed I am TXST alum and am looking forward to tomorrows game. They in response did not have much to say(I guess they are not very social there). Anyways I thought it was surprising they were staying in downtown Austin on halloween . Might mess with there focus!

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:47 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Want to know where Northwestern St is staying?
I won't be anywhere near downtown Austin tonight but it sure would be spooky if there was a problem with the fire alarms tonight.

Happy Halloween.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Juicy.

Come on 'Cats!!!!

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Lounsbery wrote:
So I am in town for the TXST game tomorrow and am going out in downtown Austin tonight for halloween tonight. While on the elevator at Hilton in downtown Austin I noticed some players from Northwestern St. I informed I am TXST alum and am looking forward to tomorrows game. They in response did not have much to say(I guess they are not very social there). Anyways I thought it was surprising they were staying in Austin on halloween . Might mess with there focus!

They're all staying at a Hilton, in downtown? That's about what, 60 to 90 players plus coaches staying at a relatively expensive hotel? What kind of money does their program have? I would have suspected college programs, at least not the BCS ones, would settle for something more like Motel 6. Am I wrong, or have downtown hotel prices in Austin gotten a lot cheaper lately?

Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tux wrote:
Lounsbery wrote:
So I am in town for the TXST game tomorrow and am going out in downtown Austin tonight for halloween tonight. While on the elevator at Hilton in downtown Austin I noticed some players from Northwestern St. I informed I am TXST alum and am looking forward to tomorrows game. They in response did not have much to say(I guess they are not very social there). Anyways I thought it was surprising they were staying in Austin on halloween . Might mess with there focus!

They're all staying at a Hilton, in downtown? That's about what, 60 to 90 players plus coaches staying at a relatively expensive hotel? What kind of money does their program have? I would have suspected college programs, at least not the BCS ones, would settle for something more like Motel 6. Am I wrong, or have downtown hotel prices in Austin gotten a lot cheaper lately?

Occupancy rates have been really high in San Marcos for the last month or two, so they might have had to head up the road to Austin. A lot of times you have to go with a larger hotel in order to have all players & coaches in the same hotel, which usually means one of the fancier brands (Hilton, Sheraton, Embassy, etc.). Many Motel 6, etc. cannot block out such a large group of rooms at once, since they typically have less than 100 rooms. In many cases, the cheap hotels are still being occupied by evacuees, or at least were when NWSt had to pull the trigger on reservations.

It shouldn't be all that crazy in the immediate vicinity of the Austin downtown Hilton. It just depends how strict the coaches are on curfew.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:18 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]