Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Tailgating? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Tailgating?
Does anyone know what the rules are for claiming an area to tailgate? Do I have to register with the school? or Can I just set up anywhere as long as it's outside the taped off area? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:53 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Tailgating?
you can set up anywhere outside the taped off area. they should do away with the taped off middle or make it smaller. it is a waste of space. you might want to get their early if you want to tailgate of the student side. the homecoming game was full before 8am.

good luck.

it looks as if the alum side is improving.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Am I allowed to go and park an RV up there tonight and leave it over night?

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:41 pm
Site Admin

T State10 wrote:
Am I allowed to go and park an RV up there tonight and leave it over night?

You can park the RV on the Alumni side.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:48 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Tailgating is fun,but I hate it that the police walk around checking ID's and giving students tickets and check their bags coming into the game.This needs to stop.Who do I need to contact concerning this-We all need to write or call whoever. To me this is stupid-Why go to the game if the police are going to harass you.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:57 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

So, RV's aren't allowed on the student side?

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Sherwood Gregory wrote:
Tailgating is fun,but I hate it that the police walk around checking ID's and giving students tickets and check their bags coming into the game.This needs to stop.Who do I need to contact concerning this-We all need to write or call whoever. To me this is stupid-Why go to the game if the police are going to harass you.

Hmm, police officers checking IDs to deter underage drinking on campus property is harassment? They're doing their job, yes I've run into several jerks but if you're 21, they can't do anything to you unless you make a drunken fool of yourself, in which case maybe it's ok that somebody stops you from having anything else to drink. Also, the university has tailgating policies that need to be enforced (no kegs, etc) and someone has to do that job.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BCatSymphony wrote:
Sherwood Gregory wrote:

Hmm, police officers checking IDs to deter underage drinking on campus property is harassment? They're doing their job, yes I've run into several jerks but if you're 21, they can't do anything to you unless you make a drunken fool of yourself, in which case maybe it's ok that somebody stops you from having anything else to drink. Also, the university has tailgating policies that need to be enforced (no kegs, etc) and someone has to do that job.

Quote:
Site Determination. With regard to first-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3, the NCAA Division I Football Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting playoff sites:
a. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
First round—$30,000
Quarterfinal—$40,000
Semifinal—$50,000
b. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top four seeded teams.
c. When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows: (1) quality of facility, (2) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (3) attendance history and potential, (4) team’s performance (i.e., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents), and (5) student-athlete well-being (e.g., travel, missed class time).
d. If a quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not available due to the fact the institutions involved did not submit a proposed budget, the committee will contact the institutions and offer the opportunity to submit a bid at the current round’s minimum financial guarantee level. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
e. If no institution is willing to submit a proposed budget at the current level, the previous round’s minimum financial guarantee will be offered. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
f. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host institution.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:57 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Sherwood Gregory wrote:

One word: liability.

Any university risk manager worth a hill of beans would require this.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:20 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Yea I hate when the trash man picks up the trash on trash day any suggestions. :shock:

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:30 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]