Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Bobcats need to finish 3-1 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Bobcats need to finish 3-1
In my estimation, the Bobcats need to go 3-1 in their last 4 games, and beat Northwestern State this Saturday, in order to assure themselves the automatic bid.

This game on Saturday is HUGE!!!

State would then hold the tiebreaker over Nortwestern State, McNeese State, and SFA.

Also, do not count out McNeese State in this race. They have 2 losses in conference, but are capable of running the table the rest of the way. It would take a big win at UCA, but they are capable of pulling that off.

I am not as concerned with Southeastern Louisiana and Nicholls. Both of these teams already have 2 losses in conference and difficult schedules (especially Southeastern) the rest of the way.

"The plaque for the #8 seed in Katy is down in the ladies room"

-IceMan

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:45 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Bobcats need to finish 3-1
4-0 is what I'm hoping for, with UCA losing 2 or more in a spectacular meltdown. Even though I like UCA much more than the other teams in the conference, I want an outright SLC CC for the first time ever. I want for Coach Wright to make us all look like chumps for doubting him. And I want at least one home playoff game!

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:10 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Casey wrote:
4-0 is what I'm hoping for, with UCA losing 2 or more in a spectacular meltdown. Even though I like UCA much more than the other teams in the conference, I want an outright SLC CC for the first time ever. I want for Coach Wright to make us all look like chumps for doubting him. And I want at least one home playoff game!

I am not sure, if we can get a home playoff game if UCA loses 2 more games this year, unless we absolutely dominate like we did against SFA in each of the next 4 games.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:46 am
True Bobcat Fan

With regard to hosting playoff games, I was under the impression that money and venue comes into play in some form or fashion. I assume we have a bigger budget than the majority of the teams that will be in the playoffs.

Does anyone know what the implications are of a 3 way tie for the automatic bid in the SLC?

-IceMan

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:55 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatjh wrote:
With regard to hosting playoff games, I was under the impression that money and venue comes into play in some form or fashion. I assume we have a bigger budget than the majority of the teams that will be in the playoffs.

Does anyone know what the implications are of a 3 way tie for the automatic bid in the SLC?

Whoever holds the tiebreakers gets it, and if that doesn't work, then I think whoever hasn't been to the playoffs last gets it...

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:03 am
True Bobcat Fan

bobcatjh wrote:

Top four seeds get home games and will continue to get them as long as they are the higher seed. No chance at a Bobcat seed this year IMO.

If you are interested in home games, you need to keep an eye on teams like Montana, Cal Poly and Weber State. I have a hard time believing the committee will put more than two or three games out in the west, if they can avoid them because of the costs of getting teams out west, see #5 "student-athlete well-being"...

Here are the specifics...

Quote:
Site Determination. With regard to first-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3, the NCAA Division I Football Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting playoff sites:
a. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
First round—$30,000
Quarterfinal—$40,000
Semifinal—$50,000
b. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top four seeded teams.
c. When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows: (1) quality of facility, (2) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (3) attendance history and potential, (4) team’s performance (i.e., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents), and (5) student-athlete well-being (e.g., travel, missed class time).
d. If a quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not available due to the fact the institutions involved did not submit a proposed budget, the committee will contact the institutions and offer the opportunity to submit a bid at the current round’s minimum financial guarantee level. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
e. If no institution is willing to submit a proposed budget at the current level, the previous round’s minimum financial guarantee will be offered. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
f. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host institution.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Thanks as always for the info Terror

-IceMan

Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The only way I see a home playoff game is to win out and obtain a top 10 ranking in 2 of the top 3 polls.

Other than Montana and ASU, we probably would be the 3rd most attractive home venue, especially after our unprecedented 3 straight home ganes on ESPN ni 2005, which were broadcast internationally.

It was great publicity for the University, and while in China and Japan in 06 folks started converstaions with me after seeing my TXST cap, as they recognised the name.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Casey wrote:
4-0 is what I'm hoping for... I want for Coach Wright to make us all look like chumps for doubting him. And I want at least one home playoff game!

That's right--prove me wrong!!!

I'm with you Casey! :mrgreen:

:cat:

Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Casey wrote:

ME TOO!!!! More than anyone on this board, someone needs to set me straight.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:25 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]