Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 SLC Football Stadiums 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post SLC Football Stadiums
I'm just curious how you guys would rank the SLC football stadiums without favoring our own. I've personally seen Bowers Stadium (SHSU) and that's it. For the more experienced travelers, how would you rank them? Let me throw some questions out there and maybe everyone can answer...

1. Best Pre-Game Atmosphere (tailgating)
2. Best Game Atmosphere (crowd, etc)
3. Nicest stadium
4. Largest stadium
5. Worst fans
6. Best fans
7. All things included, best stadium

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:44 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: SLC Football Stadiums
Spooney-Cat wrote:
I'm just curious how you guys would rank the SLC football stadiums without favoring our own. I've personally seen Bowers Stadium (SHSU) and that's it. For the more experienced travelers, how would you rank them? Let me throw some questions out there and maybe everyone can answer...

1. Best Pre-Game Atmosphere (tailgating)
2. Best Game Atmosphere (crowd, etc)
3. Nicest stadium
4. Largest stadium
5. Worst fans
6. Best fans
7. All things included, best stadium

I've only been to McNeese St, Sam Houston, SFA, Nicholls St and ours.

1. McNeese St has the best tailgating in the SLC as of the last few years I would say ours is second.

2. MSU seemed pretty cool, however last time I went there, 2002, we got our butts kicked 45-17 or something like that. I've been to Sam Houston a couple of times and both times there were at least a thousand bobcat fans so that made for a decent game experience for us.

3. SFA had the nicest press box I've seen in the SLC, however McNeese St had the best looking stadium.

4. Seat wise probably McNeese State, but it looked to me that both SFA and SHSU (both stadiums are very similar to each other) can fit a ton of over flow unto the berms in case a really big game should happen.

5. Depends on your definition of worst. If worst means fans that don't show up then Nicholls State takes the crown. When I went there I doubt there were 2000 fans in the stands. As far as being rude, well I hate to say it but TxSt students take the cake.

6. I had a really great time when I went to MSU. during tailgating I meant to go to the geauxcowboys.com tent, but got lost and ended up with another group of MSU fans that fed us and took good care us. Overall I had a great time in Lake Charles even though we lost.

7. MSU hands down. Although, as I've mentioned earlier, I still haven't gone to UCA, Northwestern St, SLU.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:10 am
Junior Bobcat

I've been to every stadium (at least in the press box) except for UCA, which I will see in two weeks.

1. McNeese, hands down, wins the pre-game atmosphere, but I would put NSU up there. They have done a very nice job on the tailgating area. Plenty of good eats and very friendly folks. I love our tailgate setup.

2. McNeese again. The fans are there, they are into it and they have those freaking cowbells. Definitely a great atmosphere.

3. Hmm, this is a tough one. I don't usually get to hang out in the stadium since I am in the pressbox. But the nicest pressbox is McNeese, then the new one at SLU as well as SFA. For being one of the oldest boxes in the conference, NSU's holds up very very well. Whoever designed that one decades ago deserves a medal for having great foresight.

4. I am not sure who has the largest stadium. McNeese's is pretty big. TxSt seems to have a large one, as does NSU.

5. I have no idea who has the worst fans, though if you mean apathy, then Nicholls wins...or loses.

6. McNeese has the best fans, I think.

7. Cowboy Stadium would be number one on my list. The McNeese faithful do it right.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

4)
McNeese - 17,410
Northwestern St. - 15,971
Texas St. 15,218
SFA - 14,575
SHSU - 14,000
Nicholls St. - 12,800
Central Arkansas - 8,035
Southeastern LA - 7,408

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:12 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]