Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Should this be a rule? 

Yes
No 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Fair game 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 13

Should this be a rule? 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Should this be a rule?
~flag~ ~flag~ ~flag~ ~flag~

If I can't throw Bailiff "under the bus" just because he's gone, should there be a similar rule for Matsakis, Debesse, Nutt, Lefleur, Supple and the other people that have "left" but were not crowd favorites?

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If you don't win and you don't do it with honor, pride, and integrity, you get all the throwing under the bus you can handle, and then some more.

None of those people won a damn thing except Bailiff... and no one was a bigger Bobcat either, except maaaaaaaaaayyyybbeeee Supple (he really did love the school and it showed). If it were all about money, you wouldn't take a pay cut, take over a failing and embarrassed football program, in far less than stable conditions, without some kind of feeling about what you were getting into and how you wanted to change things.

If you don't like this rule, you are in the wrong business. Try volunteer work if you have to feel good about yourself.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:01 am
True Bobcat Fan

I say anything goes when discussing Bobcat athletics, as long as it is relevant.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:28 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It was Matsakis recruits that helped Bailiff win the championship. yes
It was Bailiff's recruits that Coach Wright had to deal with under his new system.yes. Let's see what Wright can do with his recruits. yes. Assistant coaching changes. yes. Two bad calls against us gave them the game. Face mask 15 yarder.,was a bad call.Should of been a 5 yarder.It looked like to me on the punt the ball was knocked back out and they should of had the ball on the 1 yard line.That being said the defensive melt down was the DC's fault.Yes. George throwing the ball on the his two yard line was stupid with our running game.Who called that?That was the OC's fault. yes
next year

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:57 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I say anyone who is interested in posting here should be allowed to express their opinion. With the sole exception of champ. He should be severely censured by the hall monitors. Please edit his posts whenever you guys log in.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:25 am
Site Admin

next year

Yes, at TS, there is always "next year." :roll:

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

People should be able to say what they want and if you don't agree then you have the right to ignore them. It gets old when every thread turns into an argument over who sucks more Wright or Bailiff. Feel free to say what you want as long as it isn't offensive and if you don't like what people are saying then feel free to ignore it. Sounds like a good rule to me, I have this same conversation with the kids where I work on a daily basis...

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The problem is that no one save you mentions Bailiff when speaking about Wright's record/coaching/ability/whatever.

That says, to me, that since you seem to think so little of Bailiff as a coach, and want to compare the two so readily, that you are content with a lower level of production (part of your rationalization for keeping Wright another year was that Bailiff had only a slightly better record than Wright).

Clearly that's not the case (I don't think you're accepting of mediocirty), but you still wish to compare apples and oranges. With Bailiff, we came off of the Manny Debacle. With Wright, we come off a recent memory of the 2005 playoff run. Expectations are (reasonably, I feel) higher with Wright. Before the Bailiff run (and yeah, I totally agree that in large part the mythos of Bailiff is due to two people really: Nealy & Evans), a 4-6 season would have been acceptable to many. Now that's not the case. Wright has to live with the expectations of boosters, and thus far, he hasn't gotten anywhere near reaching the expectations that were set (both in terms of team progress, and in the W/L column).[/list]

Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:57 pm
Site Admin

As a moderator I could car less if you throw Baliff under the bus. That was coming from me, the Bobcat fan. Once again this is me a bobcat fan not a moderator.

BTW, I find it flattering that you have to start polls about a post I made.

But as a moderator I did delete your vulgar "lollypop" joke.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

As a moderator I could car less if you throw Baliff under the bus. That was coming from me, the Bobcat fan. Once again this is me a bobcat fan not a moderator.

No harm done, at least you got the fact that it was intended as apun, and not took it personal like some other folk!!

No problem on flattering ya also, I figure once in a while I can throw a bone out there or to for the "Little Fish".

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:12 pm
Site Admin

bobcatalum05 wrote:

No harm done, at least you got the fact that it was intended as apun, and not took it personal like some other folk!!

No problem on flattering ya also, I figure once in a while I can throw a bone out there or to for the "Little Fish".

If I am a "little fish" that must make you plankton.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If I am a "little fish" that must make you plankton.

I will neither confirm nor deny those reports. :-) :-)

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I say anyone who is interested in posting here should be allowed to express their opinion. With the sole exception of champ. He should be severely censured by the hall monitors. Please edit his posts whenever you guys log in.

Amen to that, right? It's getting ridiculous around here!

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:07 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]