BobcatFans.com
http://www.bobcatfans.com/

Over/Under on Basketball season
http://www.bobcatfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13672
Page 2 of 3

Author:  rick [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:16 am ]
Post subject: 

I picked 17 when talking to '05 at the first basketball game. I hope they prove me wrong and win more than that.

Author:  patssle [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
Take A&M-CC out of the mix and the Bobcats could be the class of the SLC.


Forgetting about SHSU? ;) Undefeated with wins over Texas Tech and quality mid-majors Fresno and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

4th in the nation in RPI. 11th in the nation in the mid-major poll. And we have a vote in the AP poll.

AND the 2nd longest non-conference home-court winning streak in the nation.

But don't forget about UTA too. :)

Author:  Jody [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

patssle wrote:
Quote:
Take A&M-CC out of the mix and the Bobcats could be the class of the SLC.


Forgetting about SHSU? ;) Undefeated with wins over Texas Tech and quality mid-majors Fresno and Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

4th in the nation in RPI. 11th in the nation in the mid-major poll. And we have a vote in the AP poll.

AND the 2nd longest non-conference home-court winning streak in the nation.

But don't forget about UTA too. :)


That guys post was made on Oct 31st. 2 Weeks before you guys even played Tech.

Author:  patssle [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

bobcatalum05 wrote:

That guys post was made on Oct 31st. 2 Weeks before you guys even played Tech.


Alright, I'll give him that. But still...I think you have to wait to see SHSU and NWST performances (the main 2 SLC powers) before claiming "class of the SLC". UCA seems to be good, but they can't be in the tourney. UTA was expected to do well this year. TAMUCC cleaned house...no high expectations there.

Probably will come down to SHSU and UTA.

Author:  Migiddy [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Southland actually got a shot out today in ESPN because of UTA and Sam. Can't find the article now, but it was there.

Author:  LCCat [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

patssle wrote:
bobcatalum05 wrote:

That guys post was made on Oct 31st. 2 Weeks before you guys even played Tech.


Alright, I'll give him that. But still...I think you have to wait to see SHSU and NWST performances (the main 2 SLC powers) before claiming "class of the SLC". UCA seems to be good, but they can't be in the tourney. UTA was expected to do well this year. TAMUCC cleaned house...no high expectations there.

Probably will come down to SHSU and UTA.




If you haven't noticed...Tech sucks...

Author:  Migiddy [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

LCCat wrote:
patssle wrote:
bobcatalum05 wrote:

That guys post was made on Oct 31st. 2 Weeks before you guys even played Tech.


Alright, I'll give him that. But still...I think you have to wait to see SHSU and NWST performances (the main 2 SLC powers) before claiming "class of the SLC". UCA seems to be good, but they can't be in the tourney. UTA was expected to do well this year. TAMUCC cleaned house...no high expectations there.

Probably will come down to SHSU and UTA.




If you haven't noticed...Tech sucks...


I'd venture out and say Rice might suck a little more than Tech... and Rice beat us tonight.

I wouldn't talk too much trash, Sam has an incredible team. Ryan Bright is a stud.

Author:  patssle [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
If you haven't noticed...Tech sucks...


Tech is 49th on RPI and has the 21st hardest schedule.

We have the 30th hardest schedule in D1. You have the 333rd hardest schedule.

Author:  LCCat [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:21 am ]
Post subject: 

patssle wrote:
Quote:
If you haven't noticed...Tech sucks...


Tech is 49th on RPI and has the 21st hardest schedule.

We have the 30th hardest schedule in D1. You have the 333rd hardest schedule.


Tech has the 21st hardest schedule by playing Centenary? Wow ok. These basketball RPIs and strength of schedules are about as useless as the BCS.

Author:  txst03steve [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

patssle wrote:
Quote:
If you haven't noticed...Tech sucks...


Tech is 49th on RPI and has the 21st hardest schedule.

We have the 30th hardest schedule in D1. You have the 333rd hardest schedule.


We play Texas and Texas A&M, and we have the 333rd ranked schedule? Whah????

Author:  LCCat [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

txst03steve wrote:
patssle wrote:
Quote:
If you haven't noticed...Tech sucks...


Tech is 49th on RPI and has the 21st hardest schedule.

We have the 30th hardest schedule in D1. You have the 333rd hardest schedule.


We play Texas and Texas A&M, and we have the 333rd ranked schedule? Whah????



Exactly my thoughts. How can Sam's schedule be harder than ours. Don't we play in the same conference?

Author:  patssle [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Shrug. Dunno how they calculate.

Only thing that matters is performance on the floor. I'm content with my team in how they are playing and how they will play in conference.

Author:  SS_Classof_88 [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

patssle wrote:
Shrug. Dunno how they calculate.

Only thing that matters is performance on the floor. I'm content with my team in how they are playing and how they will play in conference.


Imagine that...a straight up question about explaining the RPI/schedule rating... and NOW patssle doesn't have an answer, except for sarcastic "I'm content with my team"

Author:  patssle [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Would you rather pull something out of my ass trying to explain how they calculate it?

Read about it yourself

http://realtimerpi.com/faq.html

Author:  SS_Classof_88 [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

patssle wrote:
Would you rather pull something out of my a$$ trying to explain how they calculate it?

Read about it yourself

http://realtimerpi.com/faq.html


Hey, your the one that posted it...you always "seem" to have an endless amount of insight...until called out...wise guy

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/