Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Will the coaches ever have an open Q&A with fans? 

Will the coaches ever have an open forum?
Yes 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
No 92%  92%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 25

Will the coaches ever have an open Q&A with fans? 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Will the coaches ever have an open Q&A with fans?
I wish the coaches would take time to host parents, fans and students in an open forum every Monday night so that we could voice our concerns about the team. I would tell Coach Wright to drop his stupid ass punt formation for a regular one after having two punts blocked in the last 2 game weeks. I would also recommend him having his defensive coaches listen to my 4-2 split defense that would work for our players. It is not hard to switch to at all and it would benefit this team because that is how our players have been recruited.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:00 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

i voted no becuase i dont think they wast to be criticized ...they want to be the one doin all that !!! All they do is blame the kids/players anyways and alot of the players have lost respect for the coachs because they dont get involved and try to work with the individual on mistakes ...they just make them do updowns ... my question ...IS this high school or college?

just my 2cents for what its worth

"They said Bo didn't know football ... Well my name ain't Bo"

Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:03 am
True Bobcat Fan

I also said no because I don't think that the Coaching staff wants to hear criticism from their fans. They also don't want to be held accountable for what they get paid over $100,000 to do.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:11 am
True Bobcat Fan

No. Coach Wright thinks he is God apparently and can do no wrong. That is why he blames the players every week, not himself for being a $hitty coach with an even $hittier coaching staff.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:45 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

and alot of the players have lost respect for the coachs because they dont get involved and try to work with the individual on mistakes ...they just make them do updowns ... my question ...IS this high school or college?

You sound like you have an inside source.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i voted no becuase i dont think they wast to be criticized ...they want to be the one doin all that !!! All they do is blame the kids/players anyways and alot of the players have lost respect for the coachs because they dont get involved and try to work with the individual on mistakes ...they just make them do updowns ... my question ...IS this high school or college?

Sounds to me like they just don't like discipline. I've seen this many, many times before where the athletes make mistakes, then their ego is hurt and blame the coaches for trying to make them better. I did it before too, where my season wasn't going the way I wanted and threw it back on coaching.....but once I started listening to them, my career started taking off and my injuries stopped being a problem.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

No. Coach Wright thinks he is God apparently and can do no wrong. That is why he blames the players every week, not himself for being a $hitty coach with an even $hittier coaching staff.

I know the guy personally, I can tell you he is ten times better than most of the people I meet. For every hour he spends in the office, he spends three or four more at home working on this program. That's twelve hours devoted to his job, even when he has a baby girl and a family to take care of. He is a class act, and it's easy to see why Bailiff himself recommended him for the job.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

He might be a class act, but that doesn't mean he can't coach for $hit.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:15 pm

I am not disrespecting anyone here so please don't take this the wrong way but it would be disasterous for any coach anywhere to hold a public forum to explain what he is doing and then hear from pissed off fans. No coach would ever do that and I would lose all respect for any coach that did.

DROPOUT CLASS OF '82Image

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I am not disrespecting anyone here so please don't take this the wrong way but it would be disasterous for any coach anywhere to hold a public forum to explain what he is doing and then hear from pissed off fans. No coach would ever do that and I would lose all respect for any coach that did.

I think all of our coaches do that every Mon/Tue of their season at Dennys (I think) for the BAF luncheons or something like that, so this thread in and of itself is off target. I know coach Fox, Chisum and others have done it pretty regularly.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Every other Monday (rotating Luby's, Texas Roadhouse, on campus) at lunch. Used to be every Monday. Each coach in season speaks about what is going on in their respective teams. Most times there is a student-athlete representative from each sport too. There is a time for people to ask questions but it is not a forum to slam coaches (which I don't think there should be). These is meant as a community outreach and meant to be a positive time with the coaches and staff.[/quote]

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Will the coaches ever have an open Q&A with fans?
LCCat wrote:
I wish the coaches would take time to host parents, fans and students in an open forum every Monday night so that we could voice our concerns about the team. I would tell Coach Wright to drop his stupid a$$ punt formation for a regular one after having two punts blocked in the last 2 game weeks. I would also recommend him having his defensive coaches listen to my 4-2 split defense that would work for our players. It is not hard to switch to at all and it would benefit this team because that is how our players have been recruited.

Like they care what us arm-chair QB's say. Give me a break.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:14 am
Junior Bobcat

I also voted no, as much as it is difficult for US to watch, it's gotta be harder on them to view it from the sidelines. Do i think he's doing a good job so far? Not especially, but i also don't think he should be put at risk in such a way by such rabid fans as us XD ( don't believe were rabid? come to the BCFans Chat room next game lol )

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:44 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

KleinTx05 wrote:
and alot of the players have lost respect for the coachs because they dont get involved and try to work with the individual on mistakes ...they just make them do updowns ... my question ...IS this high school or college?

You sound like you have an inside source.

yeah its called the team lol ...i have lots of guys that i talk to on the team as well as their parents on a regular basis ...if you do 150-200 updowns in practice how do you have time to preppare for gametime that week? how would the players legs be ready to go four quarters?(SEE SDSU) ..and i know some of you lames on the board are gonna say "they are athletes ...they are suppose to be in shape" ...Please save it!!! Cause when these athletes tell me that half of them dont wanna goto practice cause they start out doin updown until they barley can stand, then have to preform in practice but cant because they have no legs left, then have to end up doin more updowns because of it ...something is wrong!!! Also when someone on offense if complaining about feeling so bad for his defensive teammates ...something is wrong!!! I do believe in discipline but there is a certain way you go about disciplining thoughout the summer and throughout the season ...All im saying is sometimes pulling a KID to the side and getting to know them as an individual and finding out what is bothering them might help their confidence in what they are doin ..work with them instead of constant punishment ...SEE MACK BROWN or ANY D1 BCS coach!! You will be surprised how YOUNG ADULTS respond!!

"They said Bo didn't know football ... Well my name ain't Bo"

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:49 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Contract
What kind of contract did Wright sign, and how hard would it be to terminate it?

Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:27 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next