Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bobcat Fanatics vs. LC.... 

Will the LC be a strong supporter of Bobcat athletics or will they simply be the next group of high water fans?
Yes, they are true fans 50%  50%  [ 16 ]
No, their numbers dwindle as the season progresses. 50%  50%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 32

Bobcat Fanatics vs. LC.... 
True Bobcat Fan

I don't see why the Loud Crowd couldn't get close to 800+ in the next 3-5 years.

This is a hint to any LC members reading this: I've only been on this campus for 4 years, but in that time I've seen organizations come and go, and some that were well established when I first stepped on campus, disintegrate. The key to making this not happen is to always be sure that there is some new blood at the top, every year be sure to have 1-3 Freshmen and Sophomores as your Officers (I see you have 7 positions). IMHO the worst thing that can happen to a campus org is to have all Seniors as officers. The young ones gotta have some training to see how the org works. it's hard to get Frosh and sophomores in officer positions if the position is elected because most people just use it as a popularity contest and vote for their friends (Usually who they've known the longest, usually a senior or junior) so, you might want to think about setting up a officer training program or something for LC.

my $.02

We have 3 Seniors, 2 Juniors, and 2 Sophomores as officers. Our President and Vice President are both Juniors so they will be back next year.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah that's what killed Fanatics more than anything back in the day. We had officers who were 5th year (or 6th or 7th) seniors. They started these great traditions, but they were never passed down.

LC looks to off to an amazing start, 40 members at a basketball game would have been a dream for BF. We never got more than 10 (and that was for stuff Strahan) at any game. I think that your group is doing an amazing job of recruiting members and making them feel like they belong. Can you guys imagine an entire section at Strahan or JWF of nothing but LC chanting in unison. LC is achieving everything we had hoped as BF. I hope you guys reach 1,000 members in the next few years.

Congrats to your organization LCCat! :applause: :applause:

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:47 am
True Bobcat Fan

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:49 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah that's what killed Fanatics more than anything back in the day. We had officers who were 5th year (or 6th or 7th) seniors. They started these great traditions, but they were never passed down.

LC looks to off to an amazing start, 40 members at a basketball game would have been a dream for BF. We never got more than 10 (and that was for stuff Strahan) at any game. I think that your group is doing an amazing job of recruiting members and making them feel like they belong. Can you guys imagine an entire section at Strahan or JWF of nothing but LC chanting in unison. LC is achieving everything we had hoped as BF. I hope you guys reach 1,000 members in the next few years.

Congrats to your organization LCCat! :applause: :applause:

Careful with the praise...you could upset ManDo or some of those people that think we will fail. :-|| :applause:

One thing that has kinda knocked off our attendance at VB has been because we have 3 men's intramural teams and we try to support them too. We can blame that on our IM coordinator. This weekend we will wear the Pink Out shirts and we should have another "Cheer Leader" on the sidelines.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:44 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2