Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bobcat Fanatics vs. LC.... 

Will the LC be a strong supporter of Bobcat athletics or will they simply be the next group of high water fans?
Yes, they are true fans 50%  50%  [ 16 ]
No, their numbers dwindle as the season progresses. 50%  50%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 32

Bobcat Fanatics vs. LC.... 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Bobcat Fanatics vs. LC....
~flag~ ~flag~ ~flag~

Well, I've read repeatedly in the last few days what Uber-fans the Loud Crowd guys and gals are. Brings back to mind when the Bobcat Fanatics were in town. They boasted 220 members at one time, yet once the losing seasons kept rolling....they could only muster 10-20 per game. I haven't seen much of the LC, don't know what kind of numbers thay have, but I agree with CatManDo on the other thread......these guys have only shown they can show up consistently when the winning record is there. So my question is this:

Will CatManDo's prediction come true and this group's showing dwindle if our season doesn't improve???

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Bobcat Fanatics vs. LC....
champ wrote:
~flag~ ~flag~ ~flag~

Well, I've read repeatedly in the last few days what Uber-fans the Loud Crowd guys and gals are. Brings back to mind when the Bobcat Fanatics were in town. They boasted 220 members at one time, yet once the losing seasons kept rolling....they could only muster 10-20 per game. I haven't seen much of the LC, don't know what kind of numbers thay have, but I agree with CatManDo on the other thread......these guys have only shown they can show up consistently when the winning record is there. So my question is this:

Will CatManDo's prediction come true and this group's showing dwindle if our season doesn't improve???

ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS? Why is it that you alums wanna test us? I mean...we went from 37 members to i think over 300 now and you want to see if our numbers dwindle? Omg do you seriously not have any time to devote actually talking about something that has more meaning to it than this? What is it with you people? You can't bash the team anymore so you start picking on us? This thread is so freakin stupid. Grow up.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:22 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

champ wrote:
these guys have only shown they can show up consistently when the winning record is there

Seems like I've seen and HEARD them at the basketball games. Not exactly supporting a top 20 team at Straham.

If this site doesn't actually disolve, and it appears it's on it's way out, I hope a minimum IQ requirement is added to be a member.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:35 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I am just glad the LC is around! We need groups like this and I commend the people who put in work to keep it gong.

:txst:

Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:32 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

good morning Bobcat fans

LCCat wrote:
ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS?

no, not really

LCCat wrote:
Why is it that you alums wanna test us? I mean...we went from 37 members to i think over 300 now and you want to see if our numbers dwindle?

mmmm, I don't know, maybe, just maybe because we haven't had a great season and we are worried about attendance so we thought we'd start a little message board smack and call you guys out hoping you would respond by packing the house and recruiting even more members......I only now reveal our devilish plot because some of the less perceptive alumni are calling for IQ tests, which if instituted means they would certainly not qualify to be around as members later when all is revealed

LCCat wrote:
Omg do you seriously not have any time to devote actually talking about something that has more meaning to it than this? What is it with you people? You can't bash the team anymore so you start picking on us? This thread is so freakin stupid. Grow up.

it's fun to bully the weak....always remember, whatever doesn't kill you, just makes you the object of others strong laughter.....by the way, where are your troops? I know there are many LC, why so few posting hear?.....cause some of us can be so mean? are you scaredy Cats of the old people? maybe you guys are only ferocious en masse

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:24 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SWT85 wrote:
champ wrote:
these guys have only shown they can show up consistently when the winning record is there

Seems like I've seen and HEARD them at the basketball games. Not exactly supporting a top 20 team at Straham.

That's why I think the LC may have more staying power than the fanatics--they've already shown they can support a typically losing program. The fanatics went astray when they stopped being as inclusive and started pandering to university administration. As long as the LC learns from its predecesors, it'll be fine.

For the record, starting with support for basketball was a smart move... the crowds were sparse enough that any contigent of noisy students would definitely be noticed by other folks in attendance and get them interested.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:27 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Again, don' take this so personally, I really don't think Champ is trying to call you out. He just poses a serious question that is relevant to some of the current discussion topics on this board. The "fans" usually abandon the team after a record like this, but it is interesting to see if the Loud Crowd will keep this fan(pride) momentum going or contribute to it's downfall. Judging by your posts LCCat I am going to say that the LC will be there this week in full force...seems like a spirited group. Hope I'm right. That said, what do you guys think attendance at this game will be like? IT is McNeese State after all.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:19 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

anyone who follows our conference knows that McNeese is the team to beat this year in the SLC, its our first conference game, and we have beaten them the last three meetings

anyone who has even a remote interest in Bobcat football knows all that and will be in SM for this one...you better know McNeese will be travelling here in great numbers as they will not want to miss their first win over TS in a long while, especially if it comes in our own house

I know the tickets next to me were purchased by mcneese fans at the beginning of the season, I predict a record number of Mcneese in the house, someone better be promoting this game bigtime or regardless of what happens on the field we will get owned in our own bleachers, thats right dark side ass sitters, next week the person standing with their ass in your face will be wearing blue and gold, so look alive

If TS fans and students don't show for this game, we will be overwhelmed by the noise of smuggled cowbells and the stench of cajuns sweating crawfish boil.....

if you're a Bobcat who lives closer to SM than Lake Charles and you don't show for this game.....well, you will be dead to me and considered useless to yourself, your family, friends, and fellow alumni

Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SWT85 wrote:
If this site doesn't actually disolve, and it appears it's on it's way out

08-Jun-2008

This is the date this domain is up for renewal. Maybe Rick will be ready to grab it and then everyone can learn what the hell is going on.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:29 pm
Site Admin

I don't think the forum will dissolve, but obviously Brent has lost interest in the website part.

Another site is coming soon anyways...

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If your talking LC vs. BF's then the LC has already shown a bigger presence at Volleyball and even soccer than the BF's ever could. This group seems more motivated.

LCCat,
Do you how many members you guys have had at the spring sports such as Baseball/Softball and Men's/Women's basketball?

Back in the day the BF's could muster about 40-50 for a football game, 10 for volleyball if we were doing good. We had maybe 10 or so active people by the time spring rolled around which could dwindle down to 2-5 by spring break.
So it seems that the LC already has a large head start over the BF's. Since they are sponsored by the Athl. Dept it seems they should continue to do well imo.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Last year for basketball we brought as many as 40 i think. could have been more. We didn't do much baseball and softball last year because a lot of people work on weekends. I think we will be more of a presence at the baseball and softball games. Of course, I could be wrong about that though.

For basketball this year, I think we should average at least 1/2 of our members per game but don't hold me to that because we all have tests, papers, and other things that might hold a few of us back.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:11 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

you will be dead to me and considered useless to yourself, your family, friends, and fellow alumni

Brilliant...

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:41 am
True Bobcat Fan

Last year for basketball we brought as many as 40 i think. could have been more. We didn't do much baseball and softball last year because a lot of people work on weekends. I think we will be more of a presence at the baseball and softball games. Of course, I could be wrong about that though.

For basketball this year, I think we should average at least 1/2 of our members per game but don't hold me to that because we all have tests, papers, and other things that might hold a few of us back.

Saw the write up in the Star on Thursday about the LC...ya'll got some really good exposure there. Keep up the good work, hope ya guys can get a big crowd for the game next weekend.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I don't see why the Loud Crowd couldn't get close to 800+ in the next 3-5 years.

This is a hint to any LC members reading this: I've only been on this campus for 4 years, but in that time I've seen organizations come and go, and some that were well established when I first stepped on campus, disintegrate. The key to making this not happen is to always be sure that there is some new blood at the top, every year be sure to have 1-3 Freshmen and Sophomores as your Officers (I see you have 7 positions). IMHO the worst thing that can happen to a campus org is to have all Seniors as officers. The young ones gotta have some training to see how the org works. it's hard to get Frosh and sophomores in officer positions if the position is elected because most people just use it as a popularity contest and vote for their friends (Usually who they've known the longest, usually a senior or junior) so, you might want to think about setting up a officer training program or something for LC.

my $.02

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:48 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next