Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 ACU predictions? 

How will we fair against ACU?
Win convincingly (14+ points) 81%  81%  [ 48 ]
Close, but we win (1-10 points) 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Close, but we LOSE (1-10 points) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lose big in a shocker! (14+ points!) 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 59

ACU predictions? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The coaches are not looking past this game, everything I have heard points to them taking this game as seriously as Cal Poly.

I see game ending up somewhere around 45-17 cats. Again, no disrespect to ACU, but I think that the cats will come out on fire.
Dan

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ACU 10

:clap:

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:39 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm hoping for more in attendance, but with UT and TCU on at the same time I'm getting worried!

TXSTATE 45

ACU 10

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This thread scares me considering we almost lost to Tarleton and Delta State the last two years. Have we not learned that we can't overlook anyone? We need to play all of our starters and treat them like the good team they are and hopefully we will come away with the W whether it's by 1 or 50.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ACU 20

You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I dunno about the concept of resting guys for the Baylor game. As much as we as fans are hoping for a close game and a chance to beat a bigger program, I don't see the coaches saving anyone for that opportunity. If the coaches ever wanted to "save" or rest a guy for any game, I would expect it to be a conference game (when it really matters).

Play all the starters and play them hard. Against an explosive offense that has this kind of QB/receiver/RB combination, it might never be safe to develop our depth.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I see the running game having a big day again.

:txst: 49

ACU 10

~flag~ :cat: :eatemup: :cat: ~flag~

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Have you guys looked at this teams record in our stadium? They have come into our stadium and defeated us. This is not a team to take lightly. They were in the DII playoffs. Their QB has some awesome statistics. LOOK OUT This one scares me.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

79, I have no doubts this is a good team, but their past record against us means basically nothing, as most of those are from our D-II days in the lone star conference.

Our coaches are taking this team very seriously, which is why I made the prediction I did. I would be worried but for the preparations being made against them. I simply have faith in a coaching staff that is 1-0, and who beat a top 15 team on their opener.
Dan

Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:20 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

14-7 at half... just enough to scare us... George comes our throwing early in the 3rd and we push it to 24 to 7. We mixed in a few key reserves in the 4th and add another TD but all of 2's and 3's dont come in till the last few series....

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

They have defeated us since the move up to I-AA in our house. My nephew attends ACU and his roomate is on their football team. They (ACU) have been talking about this game all year.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:00 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Ender,

They have defeated us since the move up to I-AA in our house. My nephew attends ACU and his roomate is on their football team. They (ACU) have been talking about this game all year.

It's true, for teams like Tarleton and ACU this is their Baylor or A&M game. They know they have a good team, they don't think too highly of this team, and they are confident they can win.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:32 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

They (ACU) have been talking about this game all year.

This is what scares me about this team. To them, this is their Appy St. vs. Michigan or Nichols St. vs. Rice, etc. I expect them (ACU) to be up for this game.

Let's not look past them.

:chat:

Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:34 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Ender,

I know they have beaten us since we moved up, but the majority of our losses came when we were conference mates. For that matter, you know who else used to beat us, pretty much everyone.

I'm not worried about this game because I know the team is as serious about this game as ACU is. I know it won't be easy, but that doesn't mean it will be close. They have some skill players, but that shouldn't stop us from being the dominate team.

I give you this, though, the game will tell us a lot about our coaching.
Dan

Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:10 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next