Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Regular Season Record 

What will be the Bobcats Regular Season Record?
11-0 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
10-1 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
9-2 22%  22%  [ 14 ]
8-3 25%  25%  [ 16 ]
7-4 18%  18%  [ 12 ]
6-5 18%  18%  [ 12 ]
5-6 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
4-7 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
3-8 or Worse 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 65

Regular Season Record 
Site Admin

You all suck. No one should ever expect their team to be anything less than undefeated! :flag:

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
You all suck. No one should ever expect their team to be anything less than undefeated! :flag:

I can't wait until your Bobcat basketball season prediction then!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:22 pm
Site Admin

treacherous wrote:

25-0 regular season, sail through the SLC tournament, Win the national championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flag: :flag: :flag:

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:52 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SS_Classof_88 wrote:
treacherous wrote:

25-0 regular season, sail through the SLC tournament, Win the national championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flag: :flag: :flag:

Man I wish. I have faith in Davalos. I like how he isn't taking the "baby-steps" method and he is just jumping right into things. Check out the basketball website, they released a summer publication. I'm just hoping that the average basketball attendance jumps at least 750 next season. A bold wish, but with some wins and those freshmen turning out to be as exciting as advertised... I'm sure it can be done.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:15 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

in related news, I just mounted my flag pole holder above the garage and the Bobcat flag will be flying 2 and a half weeks from now. I can't wait until the next "Bobcat day" (that's what we call gameday around my house)...

Ummm... any good Bobcat would have that flag out 24/7/365! :chat:

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:36 am
Site Admin

beatomatic wrote:
in related news, I just mounted my flag pole holder above the garage and the Bobcat flag will be flying 2 and a half weeks from now. I can't wait until the next "Bobcat day" (that's what we call gameday around my house)...

I need to get a mount for my flag...

How would I go about mounting it on a brick wall?

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:08 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Loss to Cal-Poly, Baylor and some dumb SLC loss.

Can anyone tell me why we always struggle against the Louisiana schools? One would think that with our size, funding, talent, and location (Central Texas) we should always dominate this conference. It just doesn’t make sense.

See you guys Sept 1.

:txst:

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:31 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I need to get a mount for my flag...

How would I go about mounting it on a brick wall?

Masonry screws. Make sure you use the exact drill bit specified for drill the hole otherwise you'll chip the brick when you put in the screw.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:52 pm
Site Admin

I voted 8-3.

Loss to Cal-Poly, Baylor and some dumb SLC loss.

Can anyone tell me why we always struggle against the Louisiana schools? One would think that with our size, funding, talent, and location (Central Texas) we should always dominate this conference. It just doesn’t make sense.

See you guys Sept 1.

:txst:

It's the Bayou fumes. At their house, and they carry it with them.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

7-4, 6-5 , Reading the posts on here this seems to be the most logical posts I have seen in a while with respect to season predictions. I myself see about a 6-5 team with the possibility of an 8-3 team. If we win the turnover game and limit penalties this team could be very good. However the SLC will be tough this year and we have a bran new coaching staff.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

beatomatic wrote:

If I only HAD a flag to fly....

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

atxman wrote:
If we beat Cal Poly, I think we'll go 9-2. If we don't, then we'll be more like 6-5. I honestly think we have the advantage on Cal Poly, as good as they are supposed to be. We also have good talent back from last year, and this is a home game. Both teams will be rusty for the season opener, but CP will be on the road.

I think I agree: the performance against Cal Poly will be the indicator for the season. A win, I think we go 9-2 (L to Baylor and a random SLC loss). A loss, and I think we are looking at a 6-5 or 5-6 break even season. This team has the right pieces for a 9-2 season and playoff birth--the question is whether they can get all of the stars to align given all of the off-season change, and get disciplined.

I really dont think after Cal Poly we will have a feel for the season. Should we win then definitely that would be a good indicator that we are going to be pretty dang good. But i dont think a loss means we are a 6-5 team.

New coaches, new defense and modified offense means we might not hit our stride until conference.
I could even see us going 1-3 to start the season and finishing 6-1 and making a deep run in the playoffs.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I voted for 9-2. I think that we are looking at this team as just set pieces on the field and we are judging by the rankings of our opponents. With the attitude that the Seniors set for this team, I really think that reaching 9 wins is a very real possibility. The two losses come to Cal Poly in a close one all the way through and then I think we might lose the winning streak to McNeese. Even with the loss to McNeese we still finish as SLC Champs.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I voted for 9-2. I think that we are looking at this team as just set pieces on the field and we are judging by the rankings of our opponents.

I dont look at the team this way - If I did - then we would beat Cal Poly and lose to McNeese and SDSU based on the rankings. But I have it the other way around.

I base my record on not only the players we have and how long they have been playing at that position, but offensive and defensive philosophies for both teams, stadiums, and the little things (travel, injuries, conditioning, etc).

The 2007 Seniors have set a GREAT tone for the upcoming season - question is - will they be able to rise up and LEAD the rest of the team when the going gets tough?? (ex- complaining about officiating during the game or down 21 in the 3rd and packing it in)

The first 4 games will tell the story.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:23 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Sorry, hoping for a breakout season and hoping 2005 was not a fluke for this program, but realistically, don't see our road troubles changing, tough schedule this season, tough conference teams this year, SHSU will be better this season, I can't see a winning record.

09/01/07 vs Cal-Poly - LOSS
09/08/07 vs Abilene Christian - WIN
09/15/07 at Baylor - LOSS
09/22/07 at South Dakota St. - LOSS
10/06/07 vs McNeese State -LOSS
10/13/07 at Central Arkansas - LOSS
10/20/07 vs Stephen F. Austin - WIN
10/27/07 at Northwestern State - LOSS
11/03/07 vs Southeastern Louisiana - WIN
11/10/07 at Nicholls State - LOSS
11/17/07 vs Sam Houston State - LOSS

The record - 3-8 (SLC 2-5)

But, my half full rose colored glasses see 5-6.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:09 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next