Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Regular Season Record 

What will be the Bobcats Regular Season Record?
11-0 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
10-1 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
9-2 22%  22%  [ 14 ]
8-3 25%  25%  [ 16 ]
7-4 18%  18%  [ 12 ]
6-5 18%  18%  [ 12 ]
5-6 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
4-7 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
3-8 or Worse 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 65

Regular Season Record 
Site Admin

Post Regular Season Record
Pick your Regular Season Record

If you have the guts post your wins and losses.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:30 am

I was optimistic by picking 9-2. At this point it will be very easy for this season to be one of the greatest in Bobcat history, or one of the worst because there are just too many questions that won't be answered until we see the team on the field. The schedule is hard this year, the SLC is loaded with talented teams and that South Dakota road trip is a killer and while we give Baylor a lot of crap they are in a BCS conference and are an improving program. It won't surprise me if we loose at Baylor and at South Dakota, I am counting on us picking up one of those road games because I think we will also drop one Southland game, maybe SFA on the road. Our home schedule is hard this year too. We didn't play well at home last year. I am counting on us returning to 2005 form and protecting the home field.

DROPOUT CLASS OF '82Image

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:41 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

09/01/07 vs Cal-Poly - LOSS -gonna be a good game, but Poly is just too good against a team that will be searching for an identity.

09/08/07 vs. Abilene Christian -WIN - it's a DII game at Home - Wright will have them out for blood after the Cal Poly game.

09/15/07 at Baylor -LOSS - Sorry folks - Baylor is a LOT better than the 04 season and A passing team against a young secondary will not help either.

09/22/07 at South Dakota St. -WIN (close game) - This one is tough to call, We play LOUSY on the road and SDSU is an up and down team. Penalties and turnovers will be KEY in this game.

10/06/07 vs. McNeese State -WIN- This is probably gonna miff a few Cowboy fans but the Cats are 3-0 in the last 3 games against McNeese, the game is in SM, and Wright will have two weeks to get ready for the Pokes.

10/13/07 at Central Arkansas - LOSS - this game will be interesting. Conference opener for UCA - Crowd will be ready and so will UCA.

10/20/07 vs. Stephen F. Austin - WIN - Revenge for last year's "GREAT DIVIDE" play

10/27/07 at Northwestern State - LOSS - Cats have been lousy at Turpin, and the long trip wont help them either.

11/03/07 vs. Southeastern Louisiana - WIN - Lions have to make the long trip from Hammond again.

11/10/07 at Nicholls State - LOSS - It's Thibidoux, Senior Day, and a LONG drive for the Cats.

11/17/07 vs. Sam Houston State - WIN - Sorry Kat fans, Even with "Bomar the Magnificent" - Cats will force turnovers to win.

The record - 6-5 (SLC 4-3)

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:42 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

09/08/07 vs. Abilene Christian -WIN

09/15/07 at Baylor -LOSS

09/22/07 at South Dakota St. -WIN

10/06/07 vs. McNeese State -LOSS

10/13/07 at Central Arkansas - WIN

10/20/07 vs. Stephen F. Austin - WIN

10/27/07 at Northwestern State - LOSS

11/03/07 vs. Southeastern Louisiana - WIN

11/10/07 at Nicholls State - WIN

11/17/07 vs. Sam Houston State - WIN

The record - 7-4 (SLC 5-2)

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:52 am
Site Admin

I think it's important to go into every season with high expectations. This year’s team is stout and built for going far in playoffs.

What the team is on paper and what they are on the field can be a totally different situation.

I have confidence in Coach Wright's ability and direction of this team. The team looks really good so far in practice.

This is why I expect nothing less than an 8-3 season, 9-2 is even better. I will give one loss to Baylor (which I honestly think is very winnable), one to an OOC team besides Baylor and one conference loss.

If we beat Cal Poly, Baylor is a very winnable game and I think our guys will go into Floyd Casey up 2-0 and brimming with confidence.

I can see us losing to NWST or Nicholls on the road because those places are hard to come out of with a win but not lose both.

If we play up to our ability and execute the sky is the limit. Too much talent to be bad.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:12 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

09/08/07 vs. Abilene Christian -WIN

09/15/07 at Baylor -LOSS

09/22/07 at South Dakota St. -WIN

10/06/07 vs. McNeese State -WIN (we're not losing at home this year...

10/13/07 at Central Arkansas - WIN (first year, next year will be problems)

10/20/07 vs. Stephen F. Austin - WIN (not gonna happen again)

10/27/07 at Northwestern State - WIN (didn't we play them in LA last year? what's up with two in a row?)

11/03/07 vs. Southeastern Louisiana - WIN

11/10/07 at Nicholls State - LOSS (Hate doing this, but we just can't beat those guys. Hope I'm wrong. Plus we always have a stupid lose during each year, these guys usually claim that... 2005 anyone?)

11/17/07 vs. Sam Houston State - WIN (Bomar is not going to have a good year once he realizes he doesn't have the same talent he did in Norman)

The record - 8-3 (SLC 6-1)

Last edited by jecbobcat on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:13 am
Site Admin

I have no doubt in my mind that we will end the season 11-0 :D

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:16 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I have no doubt in my mind that we will end the season 11-0 :D

I'm hopeful of that... but the new coach, and the loss of so much talent holds me back from saying that.

we have a lot of talent still, but the depth that we lost hurts.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:16 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

10/27/07 at Northwestern State - WIN (didn't we play them in LA last year? what's up with two in a row?)

Yes, we did play them in LA last year....along with playing SFA and SLU in SM, but due to adding UCA to the Conference slate, some games had to be switched.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:32 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If we beat Cal Poly, I think we'll go 9-2. If we don't, then we'll be more like 6-5. I honestly think we have the advantage on Cal Poly, as good as they are supposed to be. We also have good talent back from last year, and this is a home game. Both teams will be rusty for the season opener, but CP will be on the road.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:54 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I picked 8-3, loss to either Cal Poly or SDSU (not both), loss to Baylor, and one loss in conference (which damn well better not be to Nicholls, I want the damn paddle back).

This would be a successful season in my eyes, a excellent start for a new coach and a fairly young team.
Dan

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If we play up to our ability and execute the sky is the limit. Too much talent to be bad.

I think that's the key. We have borderline DIA talent across the board. I don't think many DIAA schools can say that. I have a lot more faith in Wright than I did in Bailiff in the ability to execute. I have no idea why though. We'll know first game if Wright can execute. We'll see if it's more of the same ole' stupid penalties, blown coverages, etc. If he can, watch out.

5-6

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If we beat Cal Poly, I think we'll go 9-2. If we don't, then we'll be more like 6-5. I honestly think we have the advantage on Cal Poly, as good as they are supposed to be. We also have good talent back from last year, and this is a home game. Both teams will be rusty for the season opener, but CP will be on the road.

I think I agree: the performance against Cal Poly will be the indicator for the season. A win, I think we go 9-2 (L to Baylor and a random SLC loss). A loss, and I think we are looking at a 6-5 or 5-6 break even season. This team has the right pieces for a 9-2 season and playoff birth--the question is whether they can get all of the stars to align given all of the off-season change, and get disciplined.

I picked 6-5 because that's my acceptable level for a new coach stepping into a situation like Wright has at Texas State. I expect some learning curve. It's so hard to say what to expect when we've only seen them playing each other. With all of the off-season changes, there's really no good way to predict.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

As I posted on AGS -

09/01/07 vs Cal-Poly - LOSS -gonna be a good game, but Poly is just too good against a team that will be searching for an identity.

09/08/07 vs. Abilene Christian -WIN - it's a DII game at Home - Wright will have them out for blood after the Cal Poly game.

09/15/07 at Baylor -LOSS - Sorry folks - Baylor is a LOT better than the 04 season and A passing team against a young secondary will not help either.

09/22/07 at South Dakota St. -WIN (close game) - This one is tough to call, We play LOUSY on the road and SDSU is an up and down team. Penalties and turnovers will be KEY in this game.

10/06/07 vs. McNeese State -WIN- This is probably gonna miff a few Cowboy fans but the Cats are 3-0 in the last 3 games against McNeese, the game is in SM, and Wright will have two weeks to get ready for the Pokes.

10/13/07 at Central Arkansas - LOSS - this game will be interesting. Conference opener for UCA - Crowd will be ready and so will UCA.

10/20/07 vs. Stephen F. Austin - WIN - Revenge for last year's "GREAT DIVIDE" play

10/27/07 at Northwestern State - LOSS - Cats have been lousy at Turpin, and the long trip wont help them either.

11/03/07 vs. Southeastern Louisiana - WIN - Lions have to make the long trip from Hammond again.

11/10/07 at Nicholls State - LOSS - It's Thibidoux, Senior Day, and a LONG drive for the Cats.

11/17/07 vs. Sam Houston State - WIN - Sorry Kat fans, Even with "Bomar the Magnificent" - Cats will force turnovers to win.

The record - 6-5 (SLC 4-3)

After reading Freightliner's assessment of the coming year, I have to agree close to 100%. I think this is very close to the season we'll have. The only game I would question is the McNeese WIN and the Nicholls LOSS. We'll see!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:41 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm going with 8-3. I'm optimistic, but this season has an enormous amount of questions. There are simply too many variables involved to predict how the season will go. It's all about Cal Poly to me, we've got to have a solid showing at home.

in related news, I just mounted my flag pole holder above the garage and the Bobcat flag will be flying 2 and a half weeks from now. I can't wait until the next "Bobcat day" (that's what we call gameday around my house)...

James

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next