Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Uniform Poll: What do you like? 

What type of uniform do you like?
Traditionalist: UT, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc. 54%  54%  [ 19 ]
Trendy: Oregon, Virginia Tech, etc. 46%  46%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 35

Uniform Poll: What do you like? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Uniform Poll: What do you like?
So, in the slow days of summer here is another topic to get us by. With the recent showing of the new uniforms, it got me thinking. For those that haven't seen it, check here:
http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12809

What is your favorite uniform? Do you like the traditionalist uniform that never/rarely changes (i.e. UT, Oh St, Penn St, Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, etc.)? Or do you like the "Let's let Nike run with any idea they have when it comes to our uniforms" (i.e. Oregon, Virginia Tech, etc)?

Personally, I'm old school. I'd love a bobcat look that would remain untouched and yet would always be undeniably Tx St. I'd love that no matter where you were, people would instantly recognize the team uniorm.

Discuss.

Last edited by Voltronjacko on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:29 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Traditional here. Nothing like the maize and blue of UM, or the Yankee Pinstripes. Or the Detroit "D". Cubbies. Maple Leafs. Cowboys. Packers. Etc.

Gotta go with the originals.

You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:22 am
Junior Bobcat

I agree with the traditional look for ND, Penn State, etc. Those are elite 5 star prestige schools with very very rich history dating back a long time. However, this is the new age for most everyone else, and since Texas State has been changing uniforms year in year out, we might as well go with a trendy look. Just my opinion.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:44 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I agree with the traditional look for ND, Penn State, etc. Those are elite 5 star prestige schools with very very rich history dating back a long time. However, this is the new age for most everyone else, and since Texas State has been changing uniforms year in year out, we might as well go with a trendy look. Just my opinion.

I agree. The traditionals should stick with their look forever, maybe having a game or 2 each season (depending on the sport) where they break out something different and sell them for charity. But I like what less traditional teams are doing such as Oregon. Though I don't like their colors necessarily, I do like how ever year/2 years they are coming out with something new. Keeping it fresh all the time. Pretty neat if you ask me.

You're a master of Karate!
And Friendship.
For everyone.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOwmgTvQNl0

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:09 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I love the new Oregon style uniforms and as a side note, I do like their colors, but I love ours more.

:txst:

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I prefer a simpler style of uni, which is why I like our new ones so much. I would actually like to see our pants change to a solid white, or something simpler as well.

But if Nike wants to give us something different for a one-off game, and they pay for it, I'm all for using it and selling it for charity. I like the idea of a one-off uni once a year, but more than that and your just making it the norm.
Dan

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:37 pm
Site Admin

I love a simple but modern style. Nothing too flashy, but not plain either.

Love our new ones.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: Deep in the ❤ of Texas- Just down the road from THE TEXAS✯STATE University - ɯɐɹƃoɹԀ ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝıɹℲ ∀
I love a simple but modern style. Nothing too flashy, but not plain either.

Love our new ones.

What he said.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm curious of the age of most posters and if it relates to their preference. I'm 29 and prefer the traditional look. I wonder if in general younger guys like the trendy stuff.

Let me also add this. I know we have gotten a lot of changes recently, but let's say we finally get a uniform that is well liked. Once we reach that, should we strive to keep it the same? In essence, make our new trendy desired look into a traditional look for us. Once we get it right, keep it that way?

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

For the traditionalist crowd, I actually think the Boston College look would be great. It just looks classy to me. Of course we would need to keep the supercat on the helmet and sleeves as they are now...

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Brutus, if you "love" the Oregon unis you need to visit a mechanic. You hav some screws loose somewhere. Those things look like a repenting sinner threw up 4 nights of partying in the middle of a Southern Baptist convention. Mercy, you do need a beer young'un.
Bill

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm no big fan of the Oregon uni, but I also can't help but recall what the Oregon coach told his wife when she made the same observation and it's a paraphrase: "One of the things recruits talk about is how much they like our uniforms."

I've seen a myriad of SWT (and now Texas State) uniforms since 1970 and don't think we've ever established a traditional look. I like the current look better than any I can recall, and I certainly think today's young athletes support the innovative uniforms being generated by the sporting goods companies.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:52 pm
Site Admin

Isn't there something like 3,500 different combinations of uniform that Oregon can use on any given day?

That's nutty.

Pays to have the CEO of Nike as an alum.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Location: On my Moomba on Lake Travis with a cocktail in hand...

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:22 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]